MadeGood Community Guidelines
How the MadeGood community works
Any community member can submit a post about cycling
Topic categories are listed on the right-hand side of the community blog.
We only accept unique content that has not been published elsewhere.
We manually check every post before publishing.
The MadeGood editorial staff will review your submission for publication.
Pending approval, the post will be edited for quality assurance by us.
You will not be able to edit your post after submission unless we return it to you.
The editing queue generally takes several weeks as we review and edit each post, so please be patient.
We will contact you if we have any questions, need more information, or are accepting or rejecting your post.
Please notify us at email@example.com if you need to make changes or withdraw your submission.
- If your post is not accepted due to quality, you will either have your post returned for edits or rejected. All editor decisions are final.
- If your post is approved and published, it will appear on the MadeGood community blog where MadeGood community members can leave comments and rate your post using our thumbs up/down system.
- If your post is of exceptionally high quality and is well-received by the community, it may get promoted to the MadeGood blog.
Basic Guidelines for Submitting to the MadeGood community blog
- Please double check spelling and grammar before submitting. We recommend reading your post aloud or having a trusted editor friend read it over first.
- Please be friendly and enthusiastic in tone.
- We do allow links to make your post richer by supporting statements or serving as references. However, affiliate links are not allowed in MadeGood posts, and links should enhance your post, not just your backlink profile.
- Please limit your images to 730 pixels wide, the width of the editor. If your images are not sized correctly, we will ask you to resize them, which extends the editing process.
- You must have the rights to use the images for your post and include attribution as needed.
- Fill out your MadeGood profile! Our community uses your profile to get to know you better.
If your post gets published, you’ll get comments and questions from the community.
Please jump in and participate as much as you can.
- You will receive emails about your post to the email address listed on your account.
- If you have questions or comments about your submission, please email our editing team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Create Great Content for MadeGood
Unfortunately, not all MadeGood community submissions are published, and many that do go through a rigorous editing process. We want you to put forth the best content possible. Below are some helpful, writerly questions to think about before hitting submit.
- Is my post uniquely valuable and original?
- Is my topic of significant interest to the Madegood readership? The MadeGood community loves all topics covering cycling such as cyclesport, opinion, ridemaps and routes, reviews of local cycling businesses, etc.
A photo is worth a thousand words.
Have I used graphics, illustrations, photos, or screenshots to help make my post more readable, enjoyable, and valuable?
Remember images can only be 730 pixels wide and you must have the rights to use them.
How easily readable is my post? Have I used headers, bullets, and images that look good, read well, and work with MadeGood?
Our blog editor has built in styles for ease of use and to make posts look great.
Thank you for submitting your post to MadeGood!